Sunday, March 15, 2009

Short Sweet Sexy Modest

My scenario today is a young cutie who needs to get ready for a date. Not a blind date, not a hot date, not a date-night date, but an "I haven't seen you in years and you're finally back in town, and lookin' really good, OMG we HAVE to get together" date. That kind of date. Lil' Cutie wants to look sexy, but not revealing; she wants to look hip, but not overdone; she wants to look casual but not frumpy, although comfort is a necessity. Cutie and Hottie From the Past are going out to a casual local restaurant and a small venue rock concert. She does not want to wear a t-shirt and jeans even though he probably will be. I have put together a stylish look based on handmade pieces I found on http://www.etsy.com/ .

For both comfort and sex appeal, the look begins with this 'real girl' dress that conforms to the body and is just the right length. One of a kind and handmade "from a white and gold striped stretch fabric, the bottom of the dress features a band with contrasting vertical stripes, and chunky turquoise cuffs" added to the sleeves. You can find this dress at http://www.heidiandseek.etsy.com/ . I love the length proportions to this dress and the high neckline, creating both a sense of modesty and flirtatiousness in one dress.


To both bring out the gold stripes in the dress and introduce the next color to the look, this shell locket necklace, made from genuine sea shell charm pendants on a vintage chain, offers just the right touch of 'delicate' with its coral color. You can find this necklace at http://www.maryjanefrances.etsy.com/ along with pages of other earth-inspired crafted bags, headbands and jewelry.


These melon seed bead hoop earrings are the perfect compliment to the shell necklace and, as the artist describes, "stunningly sexy for the night out!" You can find this pair at http://www.workofheart.etsy.com/ , along with the same style in green, orange, red, brown, and even multi-colored!


OK, now it's time to get sassy! Wear this Jane Austen inspired crocheted hat with your hair either tucked inside or falling loosely around your shoulders, and your bound to turn heads. The artist, who "was absolutely inspired by the time period hats" lists this crocheted adaptation in her shop at http://www.yarnlovertn.etsy.com/ .
Throw on a pair of gladiator-style gold strappy flats and your look is complete. Lil' Cutie will be making Hottie From the Past wish he never left town as she rocks this look through the night!
Remember to buy handmade!
You can view my shop at http://www.arthiel.etsy.com/


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my hat! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post....great outfit for that date!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - thanks for featuring my earrings. I just love your blog. I will be checking it out daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. =]
    Can't help but feel like "Little Cutie" herself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I'm not a huge fan of the accessories (I'm not a jewelry/hat kinda girl), I love this outfit. And in particular the dress. Which is odd, cause I'm also not a dress girl.

    This blog is really growing on me - I may be a convert yet.

    danunepthys(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww, shucks. Jewelry, dresses, hats, they can be your friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute dress...if only I weren't pregnant! :P

    Gwenn (iluvmygrlz@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Pregnany is temporary =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very true..but baby weight takes so long to go away (at least for me). It could def. be a reward for losing the weight though! Yeah....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just came across this blog and found it very interesting indeed.Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.modestkini.com/

    ReplyDelete