Saturday, April 11, 2009

Soft and Fresh Blue Look


There are occasions when we want the subtlety of the little black dress, but with a softer look and feel, especially with the spring and summer fashion seasons in mind. I have pieced together an outfit using these fabulous handmade finds from http://www.etsy.com/ to give you an idea of how to look subtle, soft and fresh enough for any occasion.

This throw-over-your-head Party Dress with Hand Embroidered Neckline is made from 100% heavyweight robin's egg blue bio-linen, with pleats that fall down beautifully from the bust to the hem. You can find this dress at http://www.mirthquakeclothing.etsy.com/ . The aqua blue beading adds just enough contrast to the feminine neckline, making a necklace unnecessary.
Don't be afraid to add this fun, yet elegant, Calypso bracelet around your wrist, though! This stunning combination includes "faceted gemstone nuggets of sunny golden Citrine; tiny, shiny gold-filled beads; peacock Freshwater Pearls; rainbow-hued Paua Shell with iridescent patterns; Swarovski Crystal bicones from Austria; and sassy rectangles of aqua-blue Apatite; handcrafted with 14K Gold-filled chain, wire, and toggle clasp." Find this piece at http://www.kalliopejewelry.etsy.com/ . I think wearing a pair of simple, dark metallic steel colored pumps would really tie in nicely with the darker stones on this bracelet.

I love the softness of this Aqua Leather Orchid Bag found at http://www.stacyleigh.etsy.com/ . Machine and hand stitched, this beautiful messenger style handbag is constructed from a thick cowhide leather in a light blue green, and embellished with a detailed leather flower. The artist also offers her designs in custom sizes and colors to suit your personal style!

Each piece on its own is beautiful; pieced together, they create a cohesive and soft feminine look with the same subtlety of the little black dress, but with a fresh springtime appeal.


Remember to buy handmade!


You can visit my shop at http://www.arthiel.etsy.com/

10 comments:

  1. Great dress!! Love the necklace too. Thanks for featuring my purse. It's one of my favorites. I'm enjoying your blog :) stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my dress! I like your style!
    Love the leather bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your feedback. Your pieces are absolutely terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have got the eye, girl! Thank you, I'm so honored to be included among these stylish finds! Together, everything looks fresh, elegant, fun, and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an outfit! While I admit, I'm not a fan of dresses, this would be a very well-assembled, fun ensemble.

    danunepthys(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, and I think that handbag is my absolute most favorite color in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the dress! Definitely something I would wear, and the necklace is simple, yet beautiful.

    Gwenn (iluvmygrlz@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness that dress is so cute. I love the soft colors and style. Perfect for Spring and Summer BBQ's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The handbag IS amazing! I agree, the color is divine! I definitely added it to favorites - but I refuse to own more than one purse though, so I have to wait till my old purse breaks.

    danunepthys(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if I would risk wearing that to a BBQ! Much too pretty :) Although the accessories could def. be used with a cute blouse and jeans..

    Gwenn (iluvmygrlz@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete